Date Posted: July 25, 2022
As the Industrial/Process Engineer for Inno-Pak, you will be based in our headquarters location in Delaware, OH as a key member of an operations management team responsible for the startup of a new manufacturing facility. You will be challenged with creating Lean Manufacturing processes, and working with the operations team to execute those processes to manage plant productivity, quality and waste reduction.
You will support the start-up of new manufacturing equipment into the greenfield facility. You will develop the work processes and performance measurements needed to provide data for operational analysis and control.
Provide ongoing operational support and analysis, ensuring that Lean Manufacturing practices are effective, and introduce corrective actions and improvement initiatives as needed to support the Lean culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify facility design requirements based on machinery capability, activity levels, production requirements and product flow
- Capture measurements through machine interface and time studies and translate into head count analyses, downtime analyses, waste and efficiency improvement plans.
- Work with vendors to identify operational equipment and automation solutions
- Manage project plans for startup and improvement activities
- Convert contract documents, proposals and statements of work into work instructions and operating procedures for the team’s review
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or a related field preferred. Will consider related work or military experience.
- Broad ability with software applications and analytical tools such as flow charts, Pareto analysis, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge is required with certifications preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to compose thorough and detailed technical documentation, job aids, procedure manuals, work instructions, etc.
- Ability to develop insightful, value-added and actionable research with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results
Inno-Pak is an equal opportunity employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Inno-Pak makes employment decisions based on qualifications and merit, without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, and any other legally protected category under national and local laws.